Chapter 16 » 16.19
Summary of procedure
Those to be married must:
- apply to the area meeting registering officer for their marriage to be solemnised according to the usage of Britain Yearly Meeting (16.26–16.29);
- complete a joint declaration of an intention to marry and give that to the area meeting registering officer (16.26);
- obtain support in writing from two adult Friends, not relatives, for each non-member applicant (16.27);
- in England and Wales: give notice of intention as required by civil law to the appropriate registrar and obtain the certificates (16.33–16.36);
- provide a Quaker marriage certificate in good time (16.57).