Chapter 16 » 16.54

The Quaker marriage


If one or other of the couple wishes to make the declaration in any language other than English or Welsh, then that may be done, but the registering officer needs to ensure that an interpreter is present to testify to the words spoken before the certificate is read. In addition, the person concerned should make the declaration to the best of their ability in English or Welsh.

← 16.53 16.55 →